Telling Industries sponsored webinars:
DON’T LET AN OUTDATED COLD-FORMED STEEL SPECIFICATIONS KILL A GOOD PROJECT
- Discuss the important role that construction specifications can play in the successful outcome of a project and how to evaluate whether their specifications are current, specifically those covering cold-formed steel.
- Review the evolution that has recently occurred in the building codes and standards, specifically those that affect cold-formed steel framing.
- Explain how recent developments in product quality assurance and verification has affected product specification.
- Discuss the alternative methods for bringing architectural specifications into line with the current codes and standards.
A GUIDE TO HIGH-PERFORMANCE COLD-FORMED STEEL ASSEMBLIES
- Explore the inherent fire resistance of cold-formed steel frame assemblies, using ASTM test standards.
(click here for a link to Telling’s Exterior Product catalog for cold form metal details)
- Investigate how the principles of acoustical performance combine to provide high Sound Transmission Classification (STC) assemblies.
(click here for a link to Telling Resilient Channel for acoustical performance)
- Review the basic structural procedures to design and detail a simple non-structural cold-formed steel assembly.
(click here for a video of Titan header labor savings assembly)
- Envision the required steps to control moisture migration in a cold-formed steel framed assembly.
SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS WITH STEEL FRAMING
- Examine how steelmaking technology has evolved over the past decade to drastically reduce the carbon footprint and use of natural resources.
- Identify the economic benefits of building mid-rise and multifamily projects with cold-formed steel framing, including first cost and long-term value.
- Identify the tools that are available for evaluating the energy performance of a cold-formed steel framed structure and for earning LEED credits.
- Explore how to effectively specify cold-formed steel framing to create durable, high-performance buildings.