• Made of 16 gauge Galvanized Steel
• Highly engineered gussets for secure fit in stud knockout
- Gussets add strength
- Width of gusset is narrower than oval punch out on stud
• True-Brace locks into the stud without clips or welding
• Notches every 4” to accommodate 12”, 16”, 24” OC stud spacing
• Lengths: 52” stock length. (Other lengths available in 4” increments)
Highly Engineered Hourglass Notch
- Waist of hourglass notch locks into oval punch out on stud
- Wider aperture at top & bottom of Hourglass Notch facilitates ease of assembly into stud
- Notches every 4” to accommodate 12”, 16”, 24” OC stud spacing
Highly engineered hourglass notch
• Reduces Installation Time
• 10% Savings on Material and Labor Costs
• No Clips or Welding Required for Most Applications
• Easy Installation Due to Patented Design
- Typical CRC legs are bent slightly less than 90˚
- True-Brace legs are wider than oval punch out on stud, thus cannot pull out of stud
- Only at the gusset is True-Brace narrower than the oval punch out on stud
- True-Brace legs are bent to 105˚
• Available in galvanized steel meeting ASTM A-1003 or hot-dipped galvanized steel meeting
ASTM A-653, G60
• Bridging, (lateral support) in walls carrying axial and/or wind loads.
• Bracing studs at door bucks and furring for ceilings.
• Used in conjunction with metal lath and plaster in partitions, ceilings, column and beam enclosures, etc.
• Clips are not required for many non-load bearing applications.