VERTICLIP® SLD – INTERIOR HEAD OF WALL
VertiClip® SLD connects metal studs at the head condition (top of wall) to the deck or primary frame while allowing for a total vertical deflection of up to 1½” (¾” up and ¾” down). VertiClip’s unique design provides both an anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between the clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces into drywall partition wall framing, which is not designed to support axial loads.
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340) Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340MPa) minimum yield strength, 65ksi (450MPa) minimum tensile strength, 33mil minimum thickness (20 gauge, 0.0346” design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G60 (Z180) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with a PAF, screw/bolt anchors or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration.
- Load-rated positive mechanical attachment at each stud
- UL classified for all approved dynamic assemblies and finish combinations with 1½” deflection and 1-2 hour fire-ratings
- Meets all building code criteria
- Eliminates loose friction-held track assemblies
- Utilizes only certified, 50ksi steel
- Load rated screws provided for each VertiClip
- Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
- Adaptable for multiple configurations
- Top of wall bridging or strapping is eliminated
- Top track lightweight for easy handling (not a structural element, may be 25ga [interior] or 20ga [exterior]
standard leg - Deep-Leg Track is not required)
- Utilize clips for wall layout
- Eliminates temporary screws