VERTICLIP® SLS – STRUCTURE
The VertiClip® SLS slide clip connects exterior curtain wall studs, bypassing the building’s structural frame, while allowing for a vertical deflection of the structure up to 1½” (¾” up and ¾” down). VertiClip’s unique design provides both an anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between the clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces into curtain wall framing, which is not engineered to support axial loads. Allowable loads are based on use of two #12 screws for attachment to stud (provided).
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340) Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340 MPa) minimum yield strength, 65ksi (450 MPa) minimum tensile strength, 68mil minimum thickness (14 gauge, 0.0713” design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G90 (Z275) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with PAFs, screw/bolt anchors or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration.
- Provides a positive, load-rated, mechanical attachment to web of stud
- Eliminates friction-based assemblies
- Utilizes only certified, 50ksi steel
- Eliminates untested “scabs” or shims
- Load rated screws provided
- Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
- Meets all building code criteria
- Adaptable for multiple configurations
- Align wall studs quickly and easily by accounting for construction tolerances
- Lightweight assembly
- Eliminates bridging or strapping within the bridging spacing from the connection