- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel
Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for
Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C645 Standard Specification for Nonstructural
Steel Framing Members
- ASTM C754 Standard Specification for Installation
of Steel Framing Members to Receive Screw-Attached
Gypsum Panel Products
- ASTM E90 Standard Test Method for Laboratory
Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss
of Building Partitions and Elements
- ASTM E119 Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests
of Building construction and Materials. Fire rated for
1, 2, 3, and 4 hour rated walls.
- ASTM E72 Standard Test Methods of Conducting
Strength Tests of Panels for Building Construction
- ASTM C1629 Standard Classification for Abuse-
Resistant Non decorated Interior Gypsum Panel
Products and Fiber-Reinforced Cement Panels
Studs are secured by one of the following methods:
- CR channel and BRC Clip. 12” down from the stud end.
- Attaching flat strap at each side of the stud flange. 12” down from the stud end.
- Attaching 2 screws at each leg of the deep leg track, near the stud flanges. (Total 4 screws)
The ViperStud Drywall Framing System offers all the benefits of conventional flat steel studs with a design that performs even better. The ViperStud drywall framing system is interchangeable with conventional framing components. Since ViperStud is flat steel, it is easy to plumb and mark, make minor adjustments and use laser levels. This makes installation the same as conventional studs. No extra training or special fasteners are required for installation.