Introducing True-Brace, a New Product Innovation from Telling Industries
True-Brace is used as mechanical bridging for studs. Typically, U-Channel or CRC, is attached to studs via clips or a weld to eliminate stud rotation and minor axis bending under wind or axial loads. 1-1/2” True-Brace is passed through the stud knockout and snapped securely into place with Telling’s patented technology saving valuable time and money.
True-Brace features an innovative, highly engineered design that securely locks the True-Brace into the stud slot hole without the need for clips or welding for most non-structural applications.
• Made of 16 gauge Galvanized Steel • Highly engineered gussets for secure fit in stud knockout
Gussets add strength
Width of gusset is narrower than oval punch out on stud
• True-Brace locks into the stud without clips or welding • Notches every 4” to accommodate 12”, 16”, 24” OC stud spacing • Lengths: 52” stock length. (Other lengths available in 4” increments)
Highly Engineered Hourglass Notch
Waist of hourglass notch locks into oval punch out on stud
Wider aperture at top & bottom of Hourglass Notch facilitates ease of assembly into stud
Notches every 4” to accommodate 12”, 16”, 24” OC stud spacing
Highly engineered hourglass notch
• Reduces Installation Time • 10% Savings on Material and Labor Costs • No Clips or Welding Required for Most Applications • Easy Installation Due to Patented Design
Typical CRC legs are bent slightly less than 90˚
True-Brace legs are wider than oval punch out on stud, thus cannot pull out of stud
Only at the gusset is True-Brace narrower than the oval punch out on stud
True-Brace legs are bent to 105˚
• Available in galvanized steel meeting ASTM A-1003 or hot-dipped galvanized steel meeting ASTM A-653, G60
• Bridging, (lateral support) in walls carrying axial and/or wind loads. • Bracing studs at door bucks and furring for ceilings. • Used in conjunction with metal lath and plaster in partitions, ceilings, column and beam enclosures, etc. • Clips are not required for many non-load bearing applications.