Bridging and Bracing Cold-Rolled Channel (U-Channel)
- Available in galvanized steel meeting ASTM A1003 or hot-dipped galvanized steel meeting ASTM A653, G60.
- Lengths: 16’ stock length. (Other lengths available)
- Bridging, (lateral support) in walls carrying axial and/or wind loads.
- Bracing studs at door bucks and furring for ceilings.
- Used in conjunction with metal lath and plaster in partitions, ceilings, column and
beam enclosures, etc.
- AISI North American Specification [NASPEC] S100-07 with 2010 supplement.
- IBC 2006, 2009 & 2012 Compliant
- Member of the Steel Framing Industry Association
A versatile product commonly used as stiffeners in metal framing systems. Can also be used in suspended ceilings, furring applications, and both load and non-load bearing walls to help resist twisting of the wall studs.